Monday

from: "azadi"
title: ...
form: text; e-mail letter

Hello...

To be a mirror of yours...It is probably somewhat difficult...I don’t know whether reflections can be exactly turned into words, but I want to be a mirror of yours. When we met for the first time, we had committed the offense of insulting each other... I knew Hakan as a person who knew too much, who seemed to have digested everything, who set a limit for jokes under the frame of his vast knowledge and under the frame of social criteria, who has apparent differences between his knowledge and his digestion. Although we had an argument after meeting for the first time, I always looked for you at IRC but you were absent... I found myself waiting for that person with whom I argued...My morale was raising when you turned up...Could it happen that one’s morale got better when he saw a person with whom he argued? Mine did. Later I thought our argument broke out as a result of the formalistic approach of our loss within the nicks of IRC...In fact we could not fight...And ours was not a fight in the real sense, because afterwards we could greet each other. The Hakan I got to know later appeared before me as one of my mother’s favorite expressions in the flesh. My mother (who was illiterate) used to say “If somebody tells you of your mistakes, be sure he/she is your real friend”. Of all the people I met at IRC in the last 3 years, Hakan was the first person who criticized me in the most logical way. I owe thanks to him.

When I first heard that you took the first step for organizing this event of art, I thought it was a narcissistic attempt. I thought some people’s ego needed to feel themselves by reaching out to a highly satisfactory potential. At the same time, it was an attempt to renew one’s self, and to increase his chance to reach the level of ‘virtuousness’, if you will. I think it appeared so at first glance (from my point of view), but thereafter it occurred to me that the artists aims to face with some of his characteristics which he always wanted to hide from other people, and to exhibit them without censor, so I salute you with respect, Hakan... You achieved what was never made in our society before. Maybe you will encourage the people not to hide their ‘human’ characteristics.

I saw you on TV... The only thing you thought was to use the time allocated to you. So they were unfair...That’s what I felt. However, there was a self-assured Hakan on the screen... I smiled, I wonder did you see it. :)) You reflected from the screen as a friend, and stay as my friend, bye.