Monday

from: ebru göktürk akar
title: hakan
form: text; e-mail letter

Hakan of Mirrors...

We are bored with holding the mirror to ourselves, but how it is difficult to hold it to somebody else...

I like those bringing certain moments back. When I meet with my female friends I love to hear them narrating our school memories I forgot a long time ago. I am ashamed of my bad memory, and appreciate my friends who shared the same period of life with me. And I never forget what I am reminded of. In my life, sharing the moment is as much important as bringing it back.

I wish I could write to you a moment we shared, a moment that not turned into a memory. I could select none. But there were times when we shared the same moment in the same city, hundreds of times. For example we never been to the movies together, but watched many movies at the same theater, with just a few rows between us, especially in the Film Festival.

We never met to enjoy a few drinks together, but saw each other at many bars. We were a tangent to each other, and bumped to each other many many times.

We read the same newspaper, walked in the same roads, looked at the same things, danced, listened and watched.

I like the moments we talked, moments we met at ICQ. I like your big laugh. I like your projects, I like the way your works move me.

We shared this period of time, this town. And it makes me happy. I can’t hold a mirror to you, but I can say I like your pose reflecting to the mirror.