Wednesday

from: taner tımarcı
title: three mirrors (non) encounters; ... ; glance-watch)
form: text-photographic arrangement, computer printout-photocopy
(3 pieces)

1.

(NON) ENCOUNTERS
One tells of himself while telling some thing, doesn’t he?

NON-ENCOUNTER I: We might have met at some place before our first encounter. But we might have not perceived it because we do not know each other. Date is unknown... (reverse Deja Vu?)

NON-ENCOUNTER II: While the teacher nicknamed “Japanese” teaches us painting and how to select watercolor brushes at Karşıyaka Junior High School, you were probably at Grade I while I was in Grade III, and two of the painting assignments which the teacher picked from us students every week and which gathered together were yours and mine respectively. In 1972, I think....

NON-ENCOUNTER III: If my memory serves, we met for the first time at the weekend when Ahmet's film project was realized. Later we met many weekends. I remember once you somehow got angry with me while Ahmet, you and I sat at a cafeteria in Ortaköy, and once we all went to your little house. It was 1987-1989...

NON-ENCOUNTER IV: In Ankara, you were walking towards Kızılay, I was walking towards Bakanlıklar. We had a short conversation. I don’t remember whether I asked you what you were doing, or if I did, what answer you gave to me. You sported long hair and beard. You were gloomy. I was excited. I probably spoke about myself. 1991.

NON-ENCOUNTER V: Eight years later, we bumped to each other at an exhibition held by German Archeology Institute. While you were coming in and I was going out. Many years had passed. We didn’t talk for a long time, left promising to get in touch. 1999...

NON-ENCOUNTER VI: I was leaving a movie theatre (where I think I just saw Buena Vista Social Club), walking towards Galatasaray while you were walking hastily to Taksim. We slowed down, but did not stop, to talk about the movie. You were joyful. Then we went on our ways. We were expected at some place. April 2000...

NON-ENCOUNTER VII: place? time? situation?


2.
text:


YOU FRANÇOIS PAUL VINCENT ME PAUL VINCENT HE FRANÇOIS PAUL AHMET YVES MICHAL SERDAR GERARD STEPHANE SEMIH SERGE PAUL VINCENT ÖZGÜN FRANÇOIS YVES SERGE SEMA GERARD HALIL VİNCENT FRANCOİS PAUL AND OTHER OLD FRIENDS WHO MAKE THEIR LIVING IN AT DIFFERENT JOBS COME TOGETHER AT WEEKENDS TO HAVE A GOOD TIME. THEN THEY MAKE A FILM ONE WEEKEND. THEY HAVE FUN, FUN, FUN, FUN, FUN FRANÇOIS AHMET GERARD VINCENT FRANÇOIS PAUL TANER VINCENT FRANÇOIS PAUL AND HAKAN VINCENT FRANÇOIS PAUL AND THEM VINCENT FRANÇOIS PAUL AND VINCENT FRANÇOIS PAUL AND VINCENT FRANÇOIS PAUL AND VINCENT FRANÇOIS PAUL AND VINCENT FRANÇOIS PAUL AND THEM THEM THEM THEM THEM HAVING FUN HAVING FUN HAVING FUN HAVING FUN HAVING FUN HAVING FUN OLD FRIENDS OF DIFFERENT JOBS OLD FRIENDS OF DIFFERENT JOBS OLD FRIENDS OF DIFFERENT JOBS OLD FRIENDS OF DIFFERENT JOBS OLD FRIENDS OF DIFFERENT JOBS OLD FRIENDS OF DIFFERENT JOBS ALSO MAKE A FILM ONE WEEKEND ALSO MAKE A FILM ONE WEEKEND ALSO MAKE A FILM ONE WEEKEND ALSO MAKE A FILM ONE WEEKEND ALSO MAKE A FILM ONE WEEKEND COME TOGETHER COME TOGETHER COME TOGETHER COME TOGETHER COME TOGETHER COME TOGETHER COME TOGETHER COME TOGETHER COME TOGETHER TOGETHER TOGETHER





3.
text:


Glance-Watch