Friday

from: tayfun akkuş
title: ha and ta
form: text; e-mail letter

Yours truly began to get to know the “object” defined below years ago. Beginning of a friendship is almost the same for many men: The man by the side of the best female friend of your girlfriend is the same sex as you. And all women are devil....no, I won’t say that this time. Both women are as precious as a brilliant, so another kind of attraction and mutual crediting happened.

This time running into each other at similar places did not diminish our acquaintance that started as a coincidence years ago. Because Hakan is a good man. He is not a professional of life. He is not as prideful as his elder brother. He is genuinely passionate, gentle, emotional and able...

For example he has opened an exhibition at Habitat. I go, and he entertains me like his favorite visitor. Then we enjoy a concert together... I run into him in the street, he gives me his new telephone number, and updates mine.
I escape from work to play at Hayal Cafe. And I see Hakan is there, smiling.

In the intermission he says “You’re very good, but the others do not have fun. Do not play with them anymore!” out of the blue. So I quit the group.

Every time I see him a different woman accompanies him. All of them are nice women smiling all the time. And the woman accompanying me changes every time too. Being male is a good thing!

He keeps on producing many things, half of which I don’t understand. Then he asks me what am I doing for a living, I tell him, and this time it is his turn not to understand half of it.

HA is a childish man. Come to think of it, so is TA. HA deserves a better article, but TA is really so busy! He is designing the first multi-access portal of the world with his friends. He is getting rich, still ignoring the musical he keeps on postponing.

With my regards, dear Hakan!