Tuesday

from: orhan cem çetin
title: mirror
form: e-mail letter

It is human nature, and it can’t easily change. If you have the habit of postponing things until the eleventh hour, you’ll always stay the same. But I didn’t procrastinate, I just wanted to use my time to the fullest extent. I was just hurried to create a mirror with care, to make it suit our friendship.

However, I thought over it for months and months, but could not come up with an idea better than the brown tables of that pastry shop located in the Firuzağa quarter, half of which lied underground, and than that patented delicious and wet smile you wore while sitting big at one of those tables. I think that image summarizes everything. It precedes everything. Furthermore, at that time we didn’t know each other, we would have been introduced in a few minutes. Maybe such scene never happened, maybe I made it up for you. Anyway, I think it was our first meeting. Later I always recognized you thanks to that smile of yours. That unchanging smile of yours denying your looks.

They say the first impression is very important. This image proves that theory. Happy new year, Hakan. Always.