Monday

from: şafak coşkun
title: a note
form: text; e-mail letter

Dear Hakan,

When I first met you, you were clever, lovely, sympathetic and talky child aged 2 or 3. My family’s acquaintance with yours began thanks to you, and turned into a close friendship over the years. Every time I talk to your mother I would always ask how are you and your siblings, want to learn everything. Naturally, we talk about the old times every now and then. And we always remember your following question with a smile on our faces: “Auntie, my mum cooked meatballs of baby food, what did you cook?”, you had asked it to my mother while standing at your back balcony looking to our garden, and kept on talking on various matters. Years later you moved to a different neighborhood, but my friendship with your family, especially your mother, never broke. Then the time came for you and for your three siblings to spread your wings and to leave the nest. Despite the years and distance separating us, we never forgot you, and are proud of you.

Let your path be clear and your ideals come true. Also, happy birthday.

Şafak, your neighbor next door.